Friday, March 9, 2012

the carved bird, continued...

Just an update on the little bird I carved after a frustrating day working on my website:
It sat on my work desk for a while and then it became the inspiration for a box that I gave to my young friend Emily on the occasion of her upcoming wedding. 
I can't really believe Emily is getting married because in my mind she's still about 10 years old and we're dragging her along with her brothers and my daughter, under protest, down some cross country ski trails, or camping out making crafts on a beach, or having the kids eat their "hobo" dinners by moonlight--so they can't see how charred they are...wow, time DOES march on!
So, Emily, here's wishing you a happy, happy married life. Listen, think before you speak and laugh a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment