Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

March 20  7:09 a.m.  I don't know if that's the official start time of spring, but it's when mine started today. That's when I was drinking coffee, checking my e-mail when I looked up and saw it:
a purple-y pink sunrise coming up over a fog-covered, glassy river.  I had to go out there. I hadn't eaten yet, but there was no time for breakfast.  I grabbed a handful of almonds, changed clothes and headed out the door.  My paddle and life jacket were right where I'd left them.

My adventure companion, Seemore, was ready and waiting.  Seemore is my kayak and we've traveled this river together many times.  I was rewarded for this early morning venture with scenes of spiraling fog columns lifting off in the distance, warm, fresh air on my face and the wonderful sounds of birds singing their morning songs.

What made this morning jaunt even more special is the fact that this is Minnesota.  We're usually walking around on a foot of snow this time of year!  I love my snow, but I'll take this kind of day anytime!

So, happy spring.  I hope you take a moment to look around, breath in the fresh air and savor the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment